How to Apply LipSense Properly
Hey Ladies!!! I am here to show you guys how to apply lipsense properly so that it will LAST the absolute LONGEST possible time!! Applying LipSense is definitely not hard but can take some practice. And chances are that if you have tried it before but are not 100% loving it, you most likely are applying it wrong (that’s okay, I am here to help you)! It definitely took me some time to figure out the tricks to it so here are the steps below & a helpful video I made just for you.
And for anyone that landed here and has no clue what LipSense is, it is the most amazing long lasting lipstick on the market. It is unlike anything else out there and is a patented technology where the color molecularly bonds to your lips. It will last for up to 18 hours! You can find my shop here (remember beginners will need the starter collection) & check out my first blog post about LipSense here.
Alright, here we go……
How to apply lipsense lipstick
- Start with CLEAN & DRY lips. I like to use witch hazel with a cotton ball to clean my lips prior to application. Then let your lips completely dry (you can use a paper towel to speed up the drying process).
- Shake the LipSense tube. This will mix up the formula so it will go on better. I suggest shaking for a minimum of 20 seconds (maybe even longer for the matte colors). You will hear a little ball rattle inside the tube.
- Remove the wand from the tube and make sure there are no clumps or spots on the wand with thick LipSense (we want to apply very thin layers to make sure no clumps are on the wand – this is crucial!).
- Apply layer 1: Begin with your lips spread apart and do not touch your top and bottom lips together during steps 4-6. Keep your lips spread apart during entire application process. Swipe across your bottom lip and do not go back and forth. Then do your top lip. **Just make sure you do not go back over the color because it will remove it.
- Let your first layer dry completely (30 seconds is usually good, for matte colors longer is better – 60 seconds) before applying your second and third layers. You can get more color onto your wand when needed just make sure you remove all clumps prior to applying every time!
- Apply layer 2 and 3, letting them dry in between. You need exactly 3 layers to get the most out of this product. ***You can mix different colors, or use icicle (clear color) to tone down the color a bit, but always always apply 3 layers!
- Once layer 3 is dry, you can now apply the gloss. Apply generously and you can go back and forth. The gloss will seal in the color and add moisture to your lips. I recommend using Glossy gloss for beginners because it is the most hydrating gloss.
If you are going for the matte look, I always suggest using the glossy gloss first and then once it has sealed the color in and added moisture to your lips, you can dab some off and apply the matte gloss. I usually only recommend the matte gloss to the LipSense pros!
How to Apply LipSense Video
And it really is that simple!! Once it’s on it will last up to 18 hours and is super easy to remove. Make sure you use the ooops remover because that is the best and only way I remove my LipSense. You can read all about how to remove your LipSense in this blog post which includes a video on how to remove it with the Ooops Remover & also a video comparing it to using Coconut Oil. Check it out!!!